Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2007








We are so sorry it has been so long since we last published anything on the blog. Attached to this update, you will find a recent video of Ryan and a few pictures of our family.

Now on to the important stuff. Ryan is growing tremendously day after day. He is 6 months old today. We can't believe how fast he is growing. We are very anxious to start him on solid foods but we are waiting due to a slight cold he is experiencing right now. We were excited to see pictures of our friends (Ryan & Triana) new baby Eva. She is adorable. We can't wait to meet her. Ryan is trying so hard to sit up but has been unable to find his center of balance. We are confident that he will achieve success very shortly. He has really started to get a personality as well. We will catch him just laughing for no reason or intently staring and focusing on one of his toys. He is always very happy and we are very blessed to have him. The attached video shows him doing both to his first little soccer ball. He is absolutely adorable and mom and dad are very proud.

Angie is coming off of the last part of recovery from her recent surgery. She had a nuerostimulator implanted in her back. The wires start from her upper back and lead down to her hip where the stimulator is placed. This device sends little electric impulses to her brain which confuse the pain signals and replace them with a pleasant tingling feeling. She still needs to get the final adjustment to the stimulator done but so far it is working very well. She will soon be able to do the things that a normal person can do. We are very excited for her and grateful that we have such advanced technology available to us.

As for me, I am extremely busy all of the time. I average about 12 hours a day 5 days a week with school and work. It is really hard to go to work early in the morning and then come home late at night. Being unable to see Ryan & Angie all day is one of the hardest things I have ever had to experience. Work is going well, I have been able to help improve the job and feel like I fit in well in the accounts receivable department. As for school, this has definantly been the hardest semester to date. I also was pleased to find out that in addition to the Copper Norman $1,000 scholarship, I received another $1,000 scholarship from the Economics department. Good things happen when you pay your tithing. I hope that I will be able to keep my grades up and graduate with a high G.P.A by Fall 2008.

Angie and I won a trip to Los Angeles to see a concert by a group named Blue October. A radio station here in town was giving away concert fly-aways all day to the 93rd caller at specific times in the day. At 10:45 p.m. Angie was the 93rd caller and won us a trip to L.A. The concert is this Friday. We are very excited to go and have a good time. I am also looking forward to seeing my brother Jeremy in Thailand in January. Angie will be unable to attend with me because we are poor college students and cannot afford the trip for both of us. Plus, it is very difficult for us to find someone who we trust who can watch Ryan for a whole two weeks. Angie was very sweet in volunteering to stay home with the baby those two weeks. It's already hard to think that I am going to leave my family for two weeks. I think that Jeremy's wedding is about the only thing that could make me do that. I told Angie that I will call her via Skype every night for my own sanity.

So, has you can see we are a very blessed and happy family. Hope you enjoy the pictures and video. Keep looking on the blog for more updates.

5 comments:

Jeremy Fugal said...

Hey there Nick and Angie! It's good to hear about how the surgery is working. What a relief! Congratulations on the scholarship, that's amazing! Keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to seeing you in January. Angie, I know that you'd come if you could...don't worry about it. We'll be thinking of you. Ryan is really cute! Thanks for posting all of this here. I love you all! Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Nick and Angie! Glad to hear everything is going well, and I hope the surgery worked for Angie this time! Shheeeesh! Anyways, keep that kid growing, so the Ryan name can live up to its...name

Love you both,
Ryan McConnell

Anonymous said...

Grandma Robin and Grandpa Dwight would of course be trustworthy enough to watch Ryan for two weeks, and WOULD LOVE IT...but we have to pay the mortgage...so work got in the way! Ryan is just the cutest and most fun kid! We are very proud of Angie & Nick, and all your motivation and hard work for your precious family. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Nick Fugal,
This is Cody Kirk, from years and years ago. I read your parents Christmas letter and was trying to find a way to get in contact with you...I stumbled on your blog. Nothing online is private! Give me a call or shoot me an email. I would love to get caught up!
luvrowboat@yahoo.com
(540)841-2359
p.s. Sounds like your family is doing great!
Merry Christmas!
from, Cody

Kristen said...

Hey girly!! How are you? I LOVE your pictures!!! I hope you are doing well and that Nick made it home okay!! Love your blog!! I added you guys onto mine!!